Legal Aid for Housing Matters
Is Legal Aid Funding Available?
On 1 April 2013 cuts were made to areas of Housing Law covered by Legal Aid.
Cases still eligible for Legal Aid:
- Possession of an individual’s home (other than mortgage possession);
- Provision of accommodation and assistance for an individual who is homeless or threatened with homelessness, including the provision of accommodation by way of community care services;
- Housing disrepair where there is a serious risk of harm to the health and safety of an individual or a relevant member of the individual’s family;
- Anti-social behaviour matters in the county court (and, where permitted by the Housing contract, ASBO cases in the Magistrate’s court and the crown court);
- Injunctions concerning harassment in the home;
- Provision of accommodation in relation to asylum support; and
- Eviction from an individual’s home, including unlawful eviction.
If you do not qualify for Legal Aid, we charge very reasonable fixed and variable rates. If you would like to be assessed for Legal Aid to discuss your options please contact us on 020 8889 3319.