Help and Advice with Housing Disrepair Claims

If you are a Council or a Housing Association Tenant or living at a Private Landlord’s property you do have legal rights entitling you to request your Landlord fix the disrepair issues at your property.

Legislation such as the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, Defective Premises Act 1972 and Housing Act 1985 give tenants the right to seek appropriate remedies at the County Court. Often the Environmental Health Authority may issue criminal prosecution proceedings at the Magistrate Court against Private Landlords and Housing Associations. You may be entitled to Legal Aid in such cases. Please contact us so that we can advise you further.

We pride ourselves on being friendly and approachable so if you need advice from one of our friendly solicitors, please do get in touch by calling 0208 889 3319 or via one of the options below.

The first introductory call is free and enables you to outline your circumstances and for us to explain how we can help. Our team are friendly and approachable and are always happy to answer your questions.

If you need to speak with someone you will always receive a friendly welcome if you telephone between the hours of 9am-5pm. If we are closed, you can  request a callback and we will call you back as near to your requested time as possible.

If you have a question about our services, please use our online form to send us an email.