Welcome to Tyrer Roxburgh Solicitors LLP
About Personal Information and Why We Need It:
The personal data which we collect will be collected as it is necessary for us to carry out our service which will ordinarily be to represent you and carry out your legal work. If you provide us with any personal data, you acknowledge and agree that such Personal Data may be transferred from your current location to the offices and servers of Tyrer Roxburgh Solicitors LLP. If you do not agree to voluntary provide this information we may not be able to advise or represent you.
When We Ask For Personal Data:
When we collect your personal data, we have a responsibilities, and you have right, these include:
- That you can withdraw consent at any time, where relevant;
- That we will protect and ensure that no unauthorised person has access to it;
- That your personal data is shared with other organisations only for legitimate reasons;
- That we don’t keep data longer than necessary;
- That we will not sell or rent your information to third parties;
- That we will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes;
- That we will consider your request to correct, stop processing or erase your personal data and
- That you can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Retention Period of Personal Information:
The Personal data that you provide will be stored securely whilst we provide the service as agreed and for 7 years from the date we close your file. Upon completion of 7 years from this date, your personal data will be permanently and securely deleted and destroyed.
You can contact our admin team at firstname.lastname@example.org should you require us to destroy your personal data earlier than this date. However, this may mean that our service cannot be provided in full.
Sources of Information:
Information about you may be obtained from a number of sources; including:
- You may volunteer the information about yourself;
- You may provide information relating to another individual (if you have the required authority to do so);
- Information may be passed to us by third parties in order that we can undertake legal work on your behalf. Typically these organisations can be:
- Banks or building societies;
- Organisations that have referred work to us and
- Medical, financial institutions or the police (they may need to provide personal records or information they have relating to your case).
Who Has Access To Your Personal Information?
We have a data protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data. Generally, we will only use your information within Tyrer Roxburgh Solicitors. However there may be circumstances, in carrying out your legal work, where we may need to disclose some information to third parties; for example:
- HM Land Registry to register a property;
- A Court or Tribunal;
- Solicitors acting on the other side;
- Asking an independent Barrister or Counsel for advice; or to represent you;
- Non legal experts to obtain advice or assistance;
- Translation Agencies;
- External auditors or our Regulator; e.g. Lexcel, SRA, ICO etc.;
- Bank or Building Society; or other financial institutions;
- Insurance Companies;
- Providers of identity verification;
- Any disclosure required by law or regulation; such as the prevention of financial crime and terrorism and
- If there is an emergency and we think you or others are at risk
In the event any of your information is shared with the aforementioned third parties, we ensure that they comply, strictly and confidentially, with our instructions and they do not use your personal information for their own purposes unless you have explicitly consented to them doing so.
There may be some uses of personal data that may require your specific consent. If this is the case we will contact you separately to ask for your consent which you are free to withdraw at any time.
Third Party Data Sharing:
Tyrer Roxburgh Solicitors LLP does not directly share your personal information with anyone else. Our ICT service providers have access to our servers and can therefore access personal data. They are contractually appointed to provide a service to us and need access to our data in order to protect the storage of any personal data.
How We Protect Your Personal Data:
We recognise that your information is valuable and we take all reasonable measures to protect this information whilst it is in our care.
We have exceptional standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable data from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Similarly, we adopt a high threshold when it comes to confidentiality obligations and both internal and external parties have agreed to protect confidentiality of all information; to ensure all personal data is handled and processed in line with our stringent confidentiality and data protection policies.
Details of Transfers to Third Country and Safeguards:
In a limited number of cases if another party is based outside of this Country, it may be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. Any transfers will be made in full compliance with all aspects of the data protection law.
Individual Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (G.D.P.R.):
The G.D.P.R. provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed;
- The right of access;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to erase;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
More details on these rights can be found on the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) website or by calling 0303 123 1113 (Local rate).
There is not currently any automated decision making or logic involved when accepting or rejecting referrals. All decision making is currently done by human intervention.
Tyrer Roxburgh Solicitors LLP’s Contact Information:
Tyrer Roxburgh Solicitors LLP,
1 St. Michael’s Terrace,